Member of MEPs for Wildlife Catherine Bearder has written a letter to President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia regarding the threats affecting night monkeys in his country. The concerns arise from the large extraction of wild primates for malaria research and the trapping methods which cause great destruction to the natural area.
- MEPs put pressure on Commission for immediate EU ivory ban
- 800,000 song birds illegally trapped and killed on a British military base in Cyprus
- Give Europol the teeth it needs to tackle wildlife trafficking
- Challenges of enforcing the ivory ban in China
- Deforestation and the trapping of wild night monkeys in Colombia