Member of MEPs for Wildlife Catherine Bearder has written a letter to President Xi Jinping of the People’s Republic of China congratulating him on the historic ban on ivory sales across the republic. However, whilst this ban signifies remarkable progress, Catherine has outlined some areas of concern regarding challenges the Chinese may face in enforcing the ban and ensuring it is successful.
- MEPs For Wildlife calls on Home Office to support EU Council’s prioritisation of wildlife trafficking
- MEPs put pressure on Commission for immediate EU ivory ban
- 800,000 song birds illegally trapped and killed on a British military base in Cyprus
- Give Europol the teeth it needs to tackle wildlife trafficking
- Challenges of enforcing the ivory ban in China